Selecting the desired audio filtering
• PNR – Uses a generic profile to enhance the noise reduction. You can enable PNR for outgoing and/or incoming audio. You can enable the “Low Power” version of the PNR to reduce processing power even further.
• Noise Reduction – Remove ambient noise on your side so your party can hear better.
• Echo Cancellation – Cancel echo on your side so your party will not hear himself/herself. If you are not using headset you should enable this filter.
• Incoming Noise Reduction – Remove ambient noise coming from the far-end so you can hear better.
• Incoming Echo Cancellation – Cancel echo coming from the far-end so you will not hear yourself.
• The two sliders for noise reduction aggressiveness and echo cancellation aggressiveness control the aggressiveness of the filters. Increase aggressiveness by moving the slider to the right and reduce aggressiveness by moving the slider to the left.
• The “Remove low voices” slider, activates the feature of removing relatively low volume human voices. You can increase the aggressiveness by moving the slider to the right. If you take the slider all the way to the right, it will increase aggressiveness of noise removal but also increase the chance of removing low volume speech of the primary speaker. If you take the slider all the way to the left, the feature is disabled. If you suffer from significant ambient human voice then take a look at the following section describing how to remove human voice.
• “Enable AGC” and “AGC Target Volume”. These two controls can be used to sure volume level (of both sides) will be aligned with the target volume level. Enable this feature if either you or your party find it hard to hear each other. Moving the slider to the right will increase the target volume level.
• “Set Microphone Volume” and “Microphone Volume”. These two controls can be used to decide on the volume change that Windows will do to the output of SoliCall’s Microphone before providing it as a microphone input to the softphone. Enable this feature if the input microphone audio to the softphone is loud and saturated. Moving the slider to the left will reduce the volume level.
Removing ambient human voices using SoliCall Pro
This section explains how to remove ambient human speech using SoliCall Pro. If the volume of the background speech is not loud, then SoliCall Pro should be able to remove it. You can toggle the aggressive level of this feature using the “Remove low voices” slider:
Otherwise, if the background speech volume is relatively high, there are two options:
1. For co-located PCs we recommend upgrading to our enterprise level SoliCall Connect product.
2. Continue using SoliCall Pro without upgrading and connect a second microphone to the PC as explained below.